One of my friends asked me for advice on love/relationships and after I told him my thoughts he was so happy and found it so helpful that I thought I would share it with everyone :
1. Always be honest. If you couldn’t from the start, there’s no time like the present. About your past, your future, everything. If they can’t handle it and they leave then you’re better off.
2. Communicate. Talk. Don’t assume anything. Take this as a rule, if it’s not explicitly said then you have no reason to believe it’s true.
3. Never say things you don’t mean. Don’t make promises when you’re happy don’t say things when you’re angry. Practice the art of patience..really think over your words before you speak. Once they’re out there, you can never take it back.
4. Never make excuses. If you make a mistake own up to it. Don’t just apologise. Make sure it never happens again and ask your partner what you should do to improve.
5. Always ask your partner how you can be a better person. Listen. And be selfless. Never do or say anything for your gain if it’s at their expense.
6. Never ask them to do something you wouldn’t be okay doing yourself.
7. Always treat your partner as a partner, as an equal.
8. Get rid of your ego. Sometimes it might creep in. Be woke enough to realize it and get rid of it before it poisons your relationship.
9. It’s never a bad time to be romantic. Doesn’t have to be a big gesture but small things once in a while to show you care really make a difference.
10. Be your partner’s best friend.
If you liked it/found it helpful, feel free to leave a comment/email, let me know your thoughts!